Monday, August 9, 2010

How to make a vine wreath

Regardless of the type of vine you choose, the principal of making a vine wreath is the same.
Here I am using honeysuckle vine and making a mini wreath.

1. The target.
A honeysuckle vine growing on the fence in my back yard. So convient.


2.Upclose of the vines I will be collecting.

3. Another up close. Just to show this really in honeysuckle. Are'nt the flowers pretty

4. Pinch the vines off with your fingernail or a knife or scissors, it's your choice

5. Strip the leaves off the vines, just remember your work space, because you will have to clean up the mess, unless you do it outdoors which I highly recommend.



6. Here I used a vitamin bottle as a form to make the wreath.
7. Slide the wreath off the form by holding opposite sides and pulling gently.

8. After removing the wreath I inserted a second vine to use as a wrapping vine.
9. Begin wrapping the wrapping vine in and out of the wreath, using an over and through method.


10. Tuck the end of the vine under one of the loops to finish it off.


11. Allow your wreath to dry and you are ready to decorate.


And that's how you go about making a simple vine wreath. The longer your vines are the less you will need to complete a wreath the size you want. Here I was able to pull long vines and only need one to make the body of the wreath and one to use as a wrapping.

I usually make 25-50 at a time when I start making them for my craft projects, because I make a project of doing them. They will keep for years as they are, but you can seal them with clear spray paint if you choose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment